A journey through Bali, land of gods and 1000 temples. We leave the touristic south behind and explore the center and the east of the island, where Balinese culture is embedded in breathtaking countrysides of active volcanoes, tropical forests, green paddy fields and the blue ocean.
Background information on the destinations is available when you click the marked ‘links’.
Accessibilty information about Bali is available here.
DAY 1 – Arrival on Bali
- We pick you up from the airport in Bali’s capital Denpasar, or we accompany you already during your journey to Bali.
- Check in at the hotel and relax. Our car is at stand-by.
Choose your own hotel: Do you require full wheelchair accessibility, wish to live at a calm ocean and in relaxed atmosphere or, rather, close to waves and active beach-life? Or do you like to stay outside of town in the mountains and rice fields? Contact us for detailed hotel information.
- Our first destination is Tirta Empul, a water temple at a holy spring, used by the local communities for ritual washings.
- Lunch at Kintamani, with stunning views over the volcano Mt Batur and its lake.
- Optional, we stop for coffee or tea at a beautiful agro tourism plantation in the mountains.
- On our way back we pass several villages specialising in their own unique version of Balinese art: wood carving, Balinese painting or silver work. Chose where to stop!
- In the early evening witness a performance of the Balinese Kecak and Fire Dance in the village Batubulan.
- We visit the village Tenganan of the indigenous Aga people, the only community still weaving the sophisticated double-ikat fabrics.
- Lunch at a secluded restaurant in the middle of paddy fields.
- We then drive up into the mountains to the rarely visited Lempuyang temple with its dragon staircase and spectacular views onto the Great Mountain, Gunung Agung.
- If you prefer an easier accessible alternative to remote Lempuyang, we visit Taman Ujung instead, a palace in a beautiful park between mountains and ocean.
- Today is a short day: In the morning we drive to the southern tip of Bali, where the temple Uluwatu hangs at the edge of a cliff.
- Lunch in Kuta, with a visit to the famous, crowded and touristic Kuta Beach.
- In the afternoon it is possible to go shopping in Kuta, or just relax at your hotel or beach.
- Visit to Goa Lawah in the morning, where thousands of holy bats inhabit a cave the temple is built into.
- From there we go to the north, having lunch at the slope of Mount Agung, the highest and holiest mountain on Bali.
- The mother temple, the great Pura Besakih, with its many levels build into the mountain, is our main destination for this day.
- A day at your free disposal, to rest and enjoy the beach, with the car at stand-by.
- To the north west: We visit Pura Ulun Danu Beratan, most beautifully located at the shores of Lake Beratan, where we also have lunch.
- Optional, we may take a coffee or tea up in the mountains at the twin lake viewpoint, or stop at Candikuning market for some exotic shopping.
- Back southwards we visit Jatiluwih, extensive rice terraces cultivated with a traditional irrigation system and an UNESCO heritage site.
- Visit to Taman Ayun, the ‘temple of the beautiful garden’, a water temple and important part of the Balinese irrigation system. A UNESCO heritage site together with the rice terraces of Jatiluwih.
- Close by lies the Sangeh Monkey Forest with its unique forest of tall, monkey-inhabited nutmeg trees.
- Before traveling on to other destinations, enjoy another day of rest or at the beach. The car is at stand-by during the day.
- In the later afternoon we drive to Tanah Lot, the famous temple on a rock in the ocean, to watch the sunset.
DAY 10 – Departure
- Transfer to the airport and departure from beautiful Bali.
Our group sizes are limited to max 7 guests. The itinerary can be modified, shortened, extended and combined with other destinations. We strive to accommodate your wishes and suggestions!
Bali – Yogyakarta 15 Days Bali – Sulawesi 18 Days Sulawesi 8 Days Yogyakarta 5 Days